March 10, 2016

Beautiful in every way

I went, yet again, to my friend Maggie's for some crafting. I took all of my Basic Grey paper with me. I have a huge stack of it. I bought it from someone that had a huge sale of all of their scrapbooking stuff. I got a whole magazine file full of paper for $10. It had so many various patterns, brands, and colors. I finally got around to sorting it by company and decided to utilize some of it.

I was able to make 5 cards out of the one sheet. I had stamped and punched the circles for 6 cards so I ended up grabbing another Basic Grey paper (I forgot to write down which pattern it was) and finishing the 6th card.

The gray paper is from Recollections from Michaels.
The blue paper is from my stash.
The butterfly and "beautiful" sentiment stamps are from Unity.
The "today and always" sentiment stamp is from the Springtime Wishes set by Close to my Heart.

Here are the six cards:


Here is a closeup of one:



And this is the one I made after I used all of the first sheet of patterned paper:


I found this to be a great way to use up random individual sheets of patterned paper and to mass-produce cards to have on hand. I think I like the idea of making the cards and adding the sentiment later so they could be used for almost any occasion.

No comments: