March 14, 2016

Supervisor request for a birthday card

My supervisor requested a birthday card for one of her fellow supervisor coworkers.
I don't know this person well so I just made a generic birthday card.

The inside is blank.

The patterned papers are all from DCWV and are scraps from my stash.
The background square is kraft paper from Recollections.

This was the sketch that inspired this card:

My Favorite Things has some really cute stamps and other items. They have a challenge blog as well that you can play along with as well.

My supervisor liked the card. She did have some feedback though. Every card I make for work has the inside left blank because there are generally many people that sign the card and I want to be sure there is enough room for all of them. This card was only for one person though. My supervisor, who, like many people, don't know what to write inside cards so she suggested that I put something in the inside of the cards as well or instead of something on the front.

I like to write something on the insides so this is different for me. I appreciate the feedback and will utilize it on the next card I make for one person.

This was a pretty quick sketch to follow and one that I will keep in my arsenal of sketches.

No comments: