April 16, 2016

Dashwood Wedding Invitations

My boyfriend and I have a couple of friends that are getting married this summer. We both are part of the wedding and my main gift to them is to make their wedding invitations. I always make a few extra since it's easy to make them while mass-producing than to make them individually if needed later. I made a total of 75 invitations.

I do not have pictures of the inside, but the invitation wording was printed directly onto the cardstock in the inside.
Here is the final product:


The card base is cream cardstock from Recollections by Michaels.
The background piece is kraft cardstock, the dark brown pieces are from an Earth tones collection, both from Recollections. All three pieces were dry embossed through my Cuttlebug using the Darice Wood Grain embossing folder.
The tag was cut from the same cream cardstock as the base using the Darice Bookplate Dies. The tree image is from the Always Grateful stamp set by Close to my Heart. It was stamped in Sweet Leaf ink also from Close to my Heart.
The extras are twine and eyelets.

I presented a ton of card ideas to them and they chose three that they liked the best. I then made three prototypes based on those ideas.
The final product was inspired by this card created by Linda Aarhus:


Here are the other three prototypes and their inspiration:

Inspiration
Embossed and inked clouds, birds on wire embossing on vellum overlay
 

Inspiration, found on Pinterest
Dark brown base, white top layer, jute/nylon ribbon, tree image cut from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge

No comments: