April 4, 2016

White on Kraft - Inspired Anniversary Card

The wonderfully talented Heather from Houses Built of Cards created this beautiful card that I just had to attempt:





My supervisor at work asked for an anniversary card for her husband. I had this picture saved for a while and decided I wanted to attempt something similar. By the time I did the white coloring, it was late into the night and I skipped the vellum or any of the fun shaped mats. I kept it simple.

For the front:
 
I used Versafine Black Onyx ink to stamp the Unity image.
I used a white Crayola colored pencil for the accents.
The kraft paper is from Recollections by Michaels.
The card base is white cardstock from Walmart (found in the printer paper aisle).



For the inside:

I used the same kraft paper from Michaels.
I ran the kraft paper through my Cuttlebug using the Darice Bookplate Dies. On white cardstock, I traced around the outer part of the die and cut it out by hand. This gave me the white border. I wanted it to pop against the white card base so I inked the edges with black ink. Unfortunately, some of this ink smeared a little.
The sentiment is from the Another Reason to say Thank You set by Unity.


This is the supervisor that, as you may recall, requested that I put something in the inside of the cards because she never knew what to write. I didn't know their relationship at all, but I thought this sentiment is perfect for any successful relationship.

Notes to self:
 
Be sure to have a pencil sharpener near me when attempting to do more white on kraft (or use a white gel pen).
Work on a better card inside (strip of paper, mat with writing area).

No comments: