April 19, 2022

Growing In Unity 2022 Day 2

Welcome to Day 2 of me being the Growing in Unity person for this week with Unity Stamp Co. Check out the GIU Facebook group to see these creations along with those of many amazing artists!

What does this mean for you? There are prizes! You get to comment on these Growing In Unity Posts (Monday through Friday of this week). At the end of this week, two (yes, 2) random commenters will win a $20 gift card to Unity Stamp Company! You could snag some of the amazing stamps I used on these cards!

Alright, alright - onto Day 2's card!

The background paper was cut from a random paper stack that was Christmas-themed. I do not remember the name of the stack. I was at a weekend crafting retreat in March and spent a good chunk of my time cutting mats of patterned paper so when I sit down to make holiday cards this year, that part is done. This was one of those mats that I cut - so easy to just pull from the stack of pre-cut mats!

The sentiment and image were both stamped with Versafine black ink and are from the "All Cylinders" set by the fabulous Tierra Jackson. The word "Thanks" was colored with Spectrum Noir BT2 and BT4 markers. BT2 would have been a perfect match for the background paper but when I went to color with it, I discovered that there was no color left in it (perhaps because it's one of my favorite color families). So, I used BT4 and it's not a perfect match but still stands out. The detail on the car stamp is just so freaking amazing that I left it not colored.

See you tomorrow for Day 3!


7 comments:

Karren Grayson said...

I like the simplicity of this card, my first car was a '65 Mustang so I just have to love it.

Kathy Dippner said...

Awesome card! I've started cutting up my 12x12 for card layers since I don't use it for anything else.

Becca Yahrling said...

Love that gorgeous pattern paper you used; the colors are fab! And perfect to go with that awesome car. Great card!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the design and the paper. Great Mustang image! I used to get to drive one like this occasionally way back when... it was my best friend's Dad's car!

Suz said...

Great card. That’s one of my favorite stamps

Kathryn said...

I love the technique of stamping off the edge. Thanks for a reminder to use it! Someone will love this card.

Rachel Duong said...

Love this image and it’s perfect for a masculine card. The border you chose it just the right amount of color and detail. Great card!