April 21, 2022

Growing In Unity Day 4

It's Day 4 of Growing in Unity which means that the weekend is almost here! You say Thursday, I say Friday-eve! Okay, not really, but it's on one of the GIFs in our chat program at work and there's a silly dance in it that cracks me up every time I see it.

This card was inspired by the gross white stuff that was falling from the sky this week. Yeah, I don't care for the snow. It's beautiful but I will absolutely stay inside with a hot cup of hot cocoa, coffee, or tea. Plus, I think nature forgot that the first day of Spring (here anyway) was March 20. Hoping for much warmer weather going forward!

The background cardstock for this was from a Winter cardstock stack that I have had for years and pulled apart while at the craft retreat in March. There are actually 5 layers (plus the base) to this card. Sweater print mat, sweater print with gold edge (2 pieces), teal cardstock (leftover from earlier cards I made), silver shimmer cardstock (gold and silver go together, right?!), and then the white cardstock with the stamped image.

Image is from the "Hello Love" stamp set and is stamped in black Versafine ink (yeah, that's my go-to). I colored the heart with the Spectrum Noir DR1 marker just to give it a little pop of color in the image.

What's in the inside of these cards? All of the cards from this week are blank inside. I have not yet determined who they will be going to and for what occasion so I will leave them blank for now. I often will just write inside them without stamping a sentiment but if I'm making a set for others, I will stamp a sentiment inside since that's the request I get most often.

Prize reminder: There are two (yes, 2) $20 gift cards to Unity Stamp Co up for grabs to two random commenters on these 5 Growing In Unity posts. If you missed days 1-3, no worries! Just click back a few days/posts on the blog, check them out, and comment.

See you tomorrow for Day 5!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the layering and the pretty image!

Denise Bryant

Kathryn said...

This card is a great reminder that selective coloring can be so impactful! Love what you e done with it. We had some flakes this weekend too- madness for April!

Rachel Duong said...

Beautiful card! I love how you colored the heart, it is a great focal point!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love seeing inspiration like this with minimal coloring (as I am not very good at it). This is beautiful.

Kathy Dippner said...

Lovely clean and simple card!