April 20, 2022

Growing In Unity 2022 Day 3

Welcome back! It's Day 3 of Growing In Unity and I got to try a new technique today!

Before I go into that, remember that there are two (yes, 2) $20 gift cards up for grabs for two lucky random commenters so be sure to head back to Day 1's Post Here to see both Day 1 and Day 2 and comment there.

Isn't this background stamp image simply amazing?! Look at the detail! This is the Daisy Days stamp from Unity Stamp Co. This is a full card sized image but I wanted space for a sentiment so I put some washi tape down and stamped the full image over it. I then pulled the washi tape up (and got Versafine ink all over my fingers from not paying attention) and had a blank space. I pulled out the "Bloom from Within" stamp set and stamped the sentiment in the blank space.

I loved how this turned out so quickly and so detailed, that I made two other cards like it with different colors in the background. This is the one I liked best as I just adore the black details on Kraft cardstock. I love keeping things simple but by all means, add ideas in your comments about embellishments for this card so I have some things to play around with.

See you back tomorrow for Day 4!




8 comments:

Teri Keefer said...

I love this card! The washi tape left a great sentiment area, love that it doesn't look perfectly even. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Great technique! Putting that in the memory bank! Great card!

Karren Grayson said...

I love this stamp and the fact that you stamped on Kraft. Great Job.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very elegant and a great way to add the sentiment.

Linda said...

Absolutely love black on kraft and you did a wonderful job. If you do any embellishment, I would say maybe a black sequin or nuvo drop on the side of the sentiment.

Denise Bryant said...

Lovely design! Looks so elegant on the kraft background!

Rachel Duong said...

This is incredible! I have this background stamp and can’t wait to try this. I love the creative idea and it looks amazing. Thank you for the inspiration!

Kathy Dippner said...

Awesome card! I like how you made the sentiment area. Great tip.