April 22, 2022

Growing In Unity Day 5

Welcome back for the last day of Growing In Unity for me this year! Thank you for all of the encouragement, kind words, and ideas this week! I look forward to growing this blog (probably not daily because that is overwhelming to me at this time) more often! There are 4 other posts on this blog that are all titled "Growing In Unity" and then the day number next (start here). Go check them out, leave a comment, and you could be one of the two (yes, 2) lucky random winners of a $20 gift card to Unity Stamp Company where you could snag the stamps that I used this week (and so much more)!

It's Friday and I hope that you have something fun and/or relaxing planned for this weekend (even if you work weekends - do something for you)! I will be attending a local hockey game this evening. Tomorrow I will be visiting with a friend I haven't seen in several years and then attending a local opera performance (two of my friends are performing). Sunday will be a day of relaxing which could mean cleaning and organizing (anyone else out there find those things almost therapeutic?!).

Okay, okay, here's day 5's card.

For this one, I combined stamp sets. There is so much versatility in these stamps! The plants are from "Bloom from Within" and the sentiment is from "Tree of Love {July 2021 sentiment kit}". They are both stamped in VersaFine black ink (surprise, surprise!). The flower patterned paper is from a 6x6 cardstock stack that I found on clearance that had no cover so I'm not sure which company it's from. The blue shimmer cardstock was from a shimmer stack that I got years ago and cut into card mats. I threw on three golden yellow adhesive dots from my stash (the magic of threes eh?!). I think I could have swapped out the white card base with a cream-colored card base to match a bit better, but it was already glued down when I had thought of that so I'll save that thought for next time.

It has been a pleasure sharing my card creations with you all. I hope that you have been inspired! For more inspiration from amazing artists, check out the Unity Stamp Co Growing In Unity Facebook group!




3 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

I love that strip of patterned paper with the potted plants image; perfection! And so pretty! I enjoyed your lovely week of inspiration, tfs!

Denise Bryant said...

Love the row of potted plants! Such a pretty image for your card! Pretty papers too!
I enjoyed your GIU week! Thanks for sharing your cards with us!

Becca Yahrling said...

I had to come back to tell you the name of the paper pad you used ... I thought it looked familiar! lol It is by Jen Hadfield Home+Made 'Simple Life'. I think I got it at Tuesday Morning. It's such a pretty paper pad!