March 3, 2011

New Journey

I started this blog as a place to put the things I create. In the process of reclaiming myself and getting back to who I really am, I realized that crafting is a big part of my life, but only a part. So, now, as I am beginning a new journey, I will be updating here as well as posting my crafts.
First of all, I will start with what I currently have going on.
*I am in school again. I am only going part-time so I won't be done as soon as I would have liked. I am loving my classes and can't wait to get into my clinical classes (I still have a few semesters before that happens).
*I still work full-time and love my job, although I sit at a desk all day (something that will be changing with this new journey).
*I play my violin in the Rockford Community Orchestra. I absolutely am having a blast with it.
*I finally had a chance last weekend to see Michatucky. I have been telling a friend of mine for quite a while that I would come see them. They are amazing. Great variety of music. I don't think there was a song they played that I didn't enjoy. I definitely will be seeing them again.
*My sister is getting married in April so I have been busy with planning showers, attending showers, designing and making (with help) the wedding invitations, putting together reception decorations, dress and accessory shopping, and just spending time with her. I am so excited for this wedding. I am sad that she and her soon-to-be husband will be leaving us though. They will be moving out of state. Eh, it will give me a place to vacation:)

Second, the new journey.
I am going to be participating in a medically supervised weight loss program. I hope to use this blog to document my journey. I meet with the doctor for the first time next week Thursday.
The basics of the program:
*800-900 calories per day of high protein foods (all purchased from the "store" where I am doing the program)
*labs once a week to make sure my body is handling the food well and that I am staying at good levels
*meeting once per week with the nurse/doctor one-on-one and then a group meeting where we will meet with either the dietitian, exercise therapist, or behaviorist
*program runs for 12 weeks, and then 4 weeks of transitioning back to regular food

I will get the full details once I meet with the doctor next week.
So, that's my new journey. I hope that by keeping this blog I will be able to keep myself accountable (although a little encouragement from others never hurts) and it will give me an excuse to get back into crafting more often so that I can post some things here.
That's all for now. :)

No comments: